Often times when people are shopping for a product they don’t know where to begin; they don’t know what product is the best fit for them. With cameras, this can without a doubt be the case. There are so many selections on the market and reviews speak in such technical terms often times the average person doesn’t know what is being said. Having said that, let’s look at you, your needs and see if the Canon EOS Rebel T3i is the perfect camera for you.
Now, have you been using your point and shoot camera for a while and feel you have outgrown it? Are you impressed with the photos you take with your Elph or iPhone camera after you have modified them in instagram? Or are you a parent looking to take quality pictures and videos of your child. Well, if any of the above sounds like you, then the Canon EOS T3i might be just the camera you are looking for; but let’s look a little further at some of the pros and cons of this camera.
Good Things About the Canon EOS Rebel T3i
1. It has an 18 mega pixel CMOS sensor that allows the camera to take true-color pictures with very little noise.
2. It shoots amazing video and has a great built in microphone. (Great for parents!)
3. It is an extremely user-friendly camera with a built-in instruction guide.
4. Any Canon lens will fit a Canon EOS Rebel T3i.
5. Regular SD memory cards can be used with this camera as opposed to the more expensive flash cards.
6. It’s one of the top-rated and best-selling cameras on Amazon, and for good reason!
7. The camera takes extremely high resolution photos that will allow for cropping, framing and printing. (Make those Christmas and Thanksgiving post cards yourself!)
Things You May Want to Consider
1. If you have been using a point and shoot camera up until now, this camera will be different in that it is bigger.
2. If you are upgrading, the camera will have more features to adjust to, but having said that, remember the camera itself has built-in instructions.
3. Taking photos in very bright sunlight can sometimes produce yellowish colored photos.
The specifications of Canon EOS Rebel T3i are perfect for beginners of digital SLR cameras. This Rebel T3i model has 10-megapixel lens, CMOS sensor and 7 autofocus systems. Beginners, who are still unable to correctly set white-balance, can use Auto Lighting Optimizer to get the best setting of brightness and contrast. DIGIC III image processor technology gives fast, accurate image processing. The 2.5-inch TFT LCD display is enough to conveniently see photo results or to change settings. Canon also installs EOS Integrated Cleaning System, Self Cleaning Sensor Unit, and Dust Delete Data Detection on this XS model.
There are 6 ISO sensitivity choices that can be chosen, auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, and 1600. It uses JPEG file format as the main camera file system. Easy-to-Print feature is available for photographers who want to immediately print their photos. The T3i model is provided with built-in LP-E5 battery, and adapter kit is available to recharge the battery. Full-charged battery allows you can take up to 514 pictures at normal usage without flash. You only need less than 3 hours to fully recharge the battery.
Rebel T3i only needs 0.2 second from off mode to first shot. Shot-to-shot time of XS model is quite short for its class, 0.7 second. If you take picture with JPEG format, the shot-to-shot time is reduced to 0.4 second. Shot-to-shot time becomes 0.8 second if you use flash. This model offers shutter speeds between 30 seconds to 1/4000 of a second. Among other competitors in the same class, this camera has the best photo quality especially at high ISO sensitivity. You will get vivid and bright color whenever you take picture with this camera.
So in the end, the Canon EOS T3i is obviously a number one seller and number one rated camera for good reason. It’s great for anyone looking to take their photography to the next level, upgrade from the point and shoot camera, get a little more edgy with their photography and I’d say is definitely the perfect family camera.
Latest posts by Jenn (see all)
- Amazon Echo Review – Who or What is Alexa? - February 25, 2017
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 vs ASUS RT-AC68U - October 12, 2016
- DJI Phantom 3 Quadcopter Review – A Fun Affordable Drone - September 5, 2016